(Affiliated to University of Mysore)
B.B.A. AVIATION MANAGEMENT
Aviation-related careers are not confined only to pilots. There are a huge number of other jobs that are necessary to keep air travel moving safely. An aviation management degree provides a broad range of skills, both technical and managerial, that prepare individuals for long-term careers in airline and airport management.
The government owned Airports Authority of India (AAI) operates 126 airports and civil enclaves out of a total of 449 airports and airstrips located throughout India. Around 80 airports/aerodromes receive regular commercial flights. The cities of Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi and Mumbai are served by privately (or joint-venture) operated airports. Airports in India handled 295 million passengers in 2017. India is the fifth largest civil aviation market in the world behind the USA, China, Japan and the United Kingdom.
Worldwide, airlines carry more than 3 billion passengers a year and deliver about one-third of traded goods by value. Aviation-sector employment also is seen as strong. Airlines employ about 2.5 million workers and expect to accelerate the pace of hiring over the next year,the association reported in June 2015.
To work for a major airline carrier, an international airport, a government agency or a general aviation service provider, a bachelor’s degree in aviation management can provide the foundational and specialized knowledge needed to succeed in a range of careers including Airport managers, Airport Operations Manager, Airport planners and Air Cargo Managers.
Also our BBA Aviation programme has a unique blend of industry relevant content on par with International Air Transport Association (IATA – Offered in association with Orient Flights Aviation Academy) standards, which makes the graduate’s employability higher. The course is offered with a Choice Based Credit System, where the student has wider choices of electives to choose from based on his/her interests.
ORIENT FLIGHTS AVIATION ACADEMY (OFAA)
Orient Flights Aviation Academy – Mysuru is the pilot training establishment of Orient Flights Private Limited; approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Government of India. The company shares its roots with the Hindustan Group of Institutions, a pioneering educational group at Chennai, offering a wide range of courses in Aviation, Engineering, Management, and Applied Science. OFAA has one of the best fleet of training aircrafts, having the latest in-flight and off-flight training technologies for student pilots undergoing PPL and CPL training.
I. Affiliated to: University of Mysore, Mysuru
II. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION :
- Candidates who have passed Two Year Pre University Course of Karnataka State in any discipline or its equivalent (viz., 10+2 of other states, ITI, Diploma etc.) are eligible for admission into FIRST SEMESTER of this programme.
- Candidates who have qualified with certification by executing exit option after their second semester of BBA/B Com under NEP – 2020, are eligible for enrolling to third semester of this programme, subject to approval from competent authority/committee such as “Equivalent Committee” or any other such committee formed by University of Mysore, Mysuru.
III. DURATION OF THE COURSE: (6 Semesters)
The programme of study is Four years comprising of Eight Semesters. A candidate shall complete his/her degree within eight academic years from the date of his/her admission to the first semester. The NEP 2020 provides multiple exit options for students as specified below:
- The students who successfully complete ONE YEAR i.e. Two Semesters and execute the exit option from the programme, will be awarded Certificate in Business Administration in Aviation Management.
- The students who successfully complete TWO YEARS i.e. Four Semesters and execute the exit option from the programme, will be awarded Diploma in Business Administration in Aviation Management.
- The students, who successfully complete THREE YEARS i.e. Six Semesters and execute the exit option from the programme, will be awarded Degree in Business Administration in Aviation Management. (BBA – AM)
- An option is given to the students to continue their education to the Fourth year and those who successfully complete FOUR years i.e. Eight Semesters will be awarded Bachelors Degree in Business Administration in Aviation (Hons). [BBA – AM (Hons)].
Note: Subject to approval from competent authority of University of Mysore, Mysuru, those students who exit with Certification or Diploma or Basic Bachelor Degree shall be eligible to re-enter the Programme at the exit level to complete the programme or to complete the next level. The candidates may have a maximum of two exit options or lateral entries to complete the programme.
Medium of Instruction
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, students are allowed to write the examination in Kannada.
- Introduction to Airline Industry
- Management Information System
- Airline Marketing Management
- Cargo Introductory Course
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism with GDS
- Business Ethics & Values
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS I
- Air Cargo Security Awareness
- Airline and Airport Management
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators I
- Airline Customer Service
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS II
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators II
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Basic Ramp Safety
- Crew Resource Management
- Services Marketing
- Air Ticketing & Fare Construction
- Customer Relationship Management
- Airline Advertising & Sales Promotion
BBA Aviation Management BOS Member’s List
|1||Prof. S.J. Manjunath
Professor, DOS in Business Administration BIMS,
|2||Prof. D Anand
BIMS in Business Administration,
|3.||Dr. M. Amulya
BIMS, Manasagangothri, Mysuru.
|4.||Dr. C J. Priya
Principal, Hindustan College, Mysuru.
|5.||Mr. Milton Gerald Huggins
OFPL, City Office, Mysuru.
|6.||Mr. Eshwar V
Assistant Professor and Head
Dept. of Commerce and Management,
Hindustan College, Mysuru.