Hindustan First Grade College
(Affiliated to University of Mysore)
The undergraduate 3 Year Degree Program is an integrated core units of study with a focus on commerciality that are designed to progressively develop the knowledge and skills. This approach will helps students in transition from school to university and then to the world of business with ease. The revised structure will offer the students greater flexibility to combine their interests in a wide range of areas. The degree’s increased focus on connecting theory with industry and exposing students to the real-world business cases and experiences will make the students to be prepared for the corporate exposure and to enter the marketplace with confidence. The degree emphasises upon the subjects like Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Taxation, Statistics, Information systems, etc.
- Affiliated to: University of Mysore, Mysore
- DURATION OF THE COURSE: (3 years / 6 Semesters)
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Students who have passed Pre-University Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in any discipline are eligible to apply.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
- All papers of this course shall be set/valued/reviewed by Board of Examination of Commerce, University of Mysore
The process of setting the question paper and valuation will be looked after by the Board of Examination of Commerce, University of Mysore
- Each semester shall be taken as a unit for the purpose of calculating attendance and a student shall be considered to have put in the required attendance for that semester if the candidate has attended not less than 75% of the number of working days (lectures during each semester)
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, students are allowed to write the examination in Kannada.
BREAK-UP OF MARKS FOR THEORY AND PRACTICAL COURSES/PAPERS:
- Each theory paper / course shall comprise of 100 marks of which 80 marks are for semester end examination and 20 marks are for internal assessment
QUESTION PAPER PATTERN
- Part A will have 40 marks. Four questions are given out of which TWO questions are to be answered each carrying 20 marks.
- Part B will have 20 marks. Four questions are given out of which TWO questions are to be answered each carrying 10 marks.
- Part C will have 20 marks. Six questions are given out of which FOUR questions are to be answered each carrying 5 marks
MINIMUM FOR PASS AND PROMOTION OF THE CANDIDATE TO THE SUCCEEDING SEMESTER:
- Minimum for a pass in each paper shall be 35%, and marks of all the papers in the semester put together, the average shall be 40%. However, a candidate has to score a minimum of 30% in the semester end examination (written examination) i.e., 24 marks out of 80 marks.
- There shall be no minimum marks for Internal Assessment.
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (JOB)
- Eligible to take up Civil Examinations
- Bank PO Examinations
- Eligible for the post of Officer at Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Under, autonomous bodies
- Eligible to Practice independently as Tax Return Prepares (TRPs) of Income Tax under Rule 3 of Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006. Notification No. 358/2006, F.No. 142/42/2006-TPL
- Eligible to Practice independently as Goods and Service Tax Practitioners(GST â€“ Practitioners) under section 48 of CGST ACT, 2017
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (Higher Education)
Eligible to Pursue
- M Com
- CA â€“ Inter (by Claiming exemption from CA â€“ CPT/ Foundation level examination)
- CS â€“ Executive (by Claiming exemption from Foundation level examination)
- CMA â€“ Inter (by Claiming exemption from Foundation level examination)
- 3 Years L L B
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance/HR/Marketing/Logistic
DETAILS OF B.Com SUBJECTS AND SYLLABUS