(Affiliated to University of Mysore)
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undegraduate 3 year degree program comprising subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like “C”and “Java” This course provides opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
- Affiliated to: University of Mysore, Mysore
- DURATION OF THE COURSE: (3 years / 6 Semesters)
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Students who have passed Pre-University Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in any discipline are eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have successfully completed +2 or PU or equivalent with Mathematics/Computer Science/Business Mathematics/Accountancy OR 3 years Diploma after SSLC/10th Class with Computer Science Engineering/Information Science Engineering or equivalent
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, students are allowed to write the examination in Kannada.
BREAK-UP OF MARKS FOR THEORY AND PRACTICAL COURSES/PAPERS:
- 70 marks in each subject and internal assessment will be for 30 marks.
- Minimum for a pass in each paper shall be 35%, and for all the papers in the semester average shall be 40%. However, a candidate
has to score minimum of 40% of theory component of semester end examination i.e. 25(rounded off) marks out of 70 marks.
- There shall be no minimum marks for Internal Assessment.
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (JOB)
- Eligible to take up Civil Examinations
- Bank PO Examinations
- Eligible for the post of Officer at Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Under, autonomous bodies
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (Higher Education)
- Post Graduate Diploma.
DETAILS OF B.C.A. SUBJECTS AND SYLLABUS