Hindustan First Grade College
(Affiliated to University of Mysore)
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undegraduate 3 year degree program comprising subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like â€˜Câ€™ and â€˜Javaâ€™. This course provides opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
- Affiliated to: University of Mysore, Mysore
- DURATION OF THE COURSE: (3 years / 6 Semesters)
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION Students who have passed Pre-University Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in any discipline are eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have successfully completed +2 or PU or equivalent with Mathematics/Computer Science/Business Mathematics/Accountancy OR 3 years Diploma after SSLC/10th Class with Computer Science Engineering/Information Science Engineering or equivalent
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, students are allowed to write the examination in Kannada.
BREAK-UP OF MARKS FOR THEORY AND PRACTICAL COURSES/PAPERS:
- 70 marks in each subject and internal assessment will be for 30 marks.
- Minimum for a pass in each paper shall be 35%, and for all the papers in the semester average shall be 40%. However, a candidate
has to score minimum of 40% of theory component of semester end examination i.e. 25(rounded off) marks out of 70 marks.
- There shall be no minimum marks for Internal Assessment.
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (JOB)
- Eligible to take up Civil Examinations
- Bank PO Examinations
- Eligible for the post of Officer at Central Government, State Government, Public Sector Under, autonomous bodies
POST QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION AND SCOPE (Higher Education)
- Post Graduate Diploma.
DETAILS OF B.C.A. SUBJECTS AND SYLLABUS